IMC has several classes of membership. They are:
- Fellow Members - FIMC
- Fellow Certified Management Consultants - FCMC
- Certified Members - CMC
- Ordinary Members - MIMC
- Associate Members - AIMC
- Student Members
FELLOW CERTIFIED MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS & FELLOW MEMBERS
Persons who have been Certified Members for at least two years, have been engaged in management consultancy for not less than 1200 hours per annum for a consecutive period of 10 years immediately preceding the date of his / her recommendation by the Council, and are deemed to have served the profession of management consultancy with distinction.
Admission to these classes of membership shall not be by application but through recommendation of the Council.
NON-PRACTICING RETIRED MEMBERS
This class of membership shall be open to a person:
- who has been a Certified Member or Fellow Member for at least 3 years
- who is at age 65 years and above
- who is not an employee of a management consultancy company or practicing as a Management Consultant at the time of application
- who completes an application form hose application is approved by the Council
A person admitted to this class of membership will:
- be entitled to use the CMC™ designation
- be entitled to all other privileges as a Certified Member or Fellow Member, except voting rights at the Institute's general meeting
The Institute reserves the right to restore a Non-Practicing Retired Member to a Certified Member or Fellow Member with all rights, privileges and obligations when he returns to full or part-time employment as a management consultant.